»» Sign up for the next #DesignInTech briefing.
A summary of the report:
- Design isn’t just about beauty; it’s about market relevance and meaningful results.
- M&A activity continues in the design space, and it’s increased.
- Increasing the designers needed in the tech industry requires rethinking education.
- The adoption of design by public companies is only growing.
- Designers bring needed critical thinking/making in the economic case for inclusion.
- Work in the research labs from decades ago drives today’s startups. Be aware.
In 2015, John Maeda published his inaugural #DesignInTech report to reveal the impact Design has made in Silicon Valley. In his second annual report, Maeda doubled down by delving deep into design trends revolutionizing the entrepreneurial and corporate ecosystems.